The 2023 Sunset Travel Awards Are Now Open—We Want Your Top Picks
What are your favorite destinations, hotels, restaurants, wineries, activities, and more in the West? We want to know.
Travel is back in full swing and many people are planning out their next big vacations , weekend getaways, and even staycations. But it can be overwhelming to craft the perfect itinerary when there are just so many options available. So, we want your insight on the best of the best in the West to make planning your next trip easier and to celebrate the outstanding travel gems in the West. What are your favorite destinations , hotels , restaurants , wineries , activities , and more? Do you know about any secret spots or noteworthy newcomers? We want to know! Because we’re on a mission to explore the best travel experiences in the West.
Our annual Travel Awards are now open and we’re accepting submissions from now until April 20, 2023. Sunset’s editors will judge the entries, and the lucky winners will be honored in our fall Travel print issue, on social media, and in a robust online package . We’ll be including every entrant in a dedicated online travel directory . We hope you’ll submit and be a part of this year’s awards. Go to awards.sunset.com to enter.
The submissions will be divided into these categories:
- Where to Go: The best destinations in the West, from bustling cities to quiet mountain towns, beachside getaways, national parks, and everything between—and beyond.
- Where to Stay: The high-end hotels, national park lodges, unique inns, glamping sites, and hip B&Bs across the West that are newly opened, newly renovated, or have stood the test of time. If you can sleep there, this is your category.
- What to Do: The tours, parks, museums and galleries, zoos and aquariums, music venues, festivals of all kinds, wineries, spas, and every other sort of Western amusement you can think of.
- Where to Eat & Drink: The very best bars and restaurants across the region, from historic diners and rowdy beer halls to James Beard Award–winning establishments and invite-only cocktail bars.
- How to Get There: The West’s best airlines, train routes, public transport, rental-car agencies, ferries, cruises, bike shares, and other ways to get from point A to point B.
We can’t wait to read all of the submissions. Best of luck!
Read the Current Issue Here!
Get one year of Sunset—and all kinds of bonuses—for just $24.95. Subscribe now!